Enjoy a wonderful cruise through the Copenhagen harbour
The small ferry sails from Nyhavn off No. 71, and the trip takes approx. 30 minutes. The bar is of course always open on board, but book welcome catering in advance here. Nyhavn outside number 71, og turen tager ca. 30 minutter. Baren er naturligvis altid åben ombord, men book velkomstdrinks, forplejning mm. på forhånd here.
Experience the rush of history at the old Middelgrundsfort when you disembark on Ungdomsøen, a real sea fort from 1894. On the island you can take a walk and enjoy the beautiful view of Copenhagen - or go exploring inside the old sea fort.
Here you can find out more about the fort's history in some of the rooms that have been restored to their original condition. You can also take part in one of the planned events or activities, or just go out and taste what else the island has to offer.
Everyone is welcome to take a trip out to the old sea fort and enjoy a brought picnic, feel the historical atmosphere or experience the exuberant events on the island.
- We normally do not sail on Mondays and in the beginning and end of season we do not sail everyday. Please contact us for more info.
- We do not us physical tickets but you are welcome to bring a copy of your confirmation email. Left over tickets are sold on the harbour.
- We reserve the right to weather, changes, errors, price increases and out-of-stock products. In case of cancellation by the shipping company, we move the trip to another day or return the amount paid.
- Feel free to bring a pram and pram on board, these are placed on the ship's foredeck during the voyage. it will be placed on the front deck.
- NB! Own food and drinks are not allowed on board. See what you can pre book forplejning ombord.
- Middelgrundsfortet is built on 6 meters of water, at the place where Kongedybet and Hollænderdybet meet in the north. The other two sea forts, which were supposed to protect Copenhagen from attacks from the sea side, were Trekroner Fort and Flakfortet. Middelgrundsfortet was decommissioned as a sea fort in 1962.
- Middelgrundsfortet is the world's largest man-made island that is not landlocked.
- The fort is a unique piece of Danish history, which begins with the excavation of Copenhagen's harbor at the end of the 19th century. Since then, the fort has been a famous place to visit with its fantastic location in the middle of Øresund.
- In 2015 the scout organisation in Denmark took over the fort with a vision to make Middelgrundsfortet a youth island for young people to explore and enjoy. The fort is going through a completely renovation and is expected o be finished in the end of August 2019.
- The Youth Island is going to be a wild platform for young people - an island where all young people can join events, courses etc. and be part of the next generations change in society.
- From 2015-2019, the fort was thoroughly renovated and is now open to the public again.