Enjoy the trip to the more than 100 year old sea fort...
For more than 25 years Spar Shipping has sailed to the island and the trip is amazing! The little ferry departs from Nyhavn outside number 71and the trip takes approx. 45 minutes. The bar is always open on board but book your welcome drinks, food etc. beforehand.
Enjoy the inner harbour while we pass all the sights; The Theathre, The Opera, Queens Castle, The Little Mermaid etc. until we approach Flakfortet.
It is also possible to visit both Flakfortet and Middelgrundsfortet with an island-jump!
Restaurant and activities
Visit the restaurant with an amazing sea view, play a round of mini golf, go on a historic tour or join the ghost hunt on the island.
Bring your collegaues and do some team building with island battles or take the family or friends for a nice treasure hunt around the fort, we offer a range of different prebooked packages.
- We do not sail on Mondays and in the beginning and end of season, we do not sail every day. Please contact us for info.
- We do not use physical tickets but you are welcome to bring a copy of your email confirmation. Left over tickets are sold on the harbour.
- We always recommend you buy tickets. We take certain reservations due to weather, changes, prices etc. If we cancel, you will be offered a new trip or get a refund.
- Please bring your pram or trolley on board, it will be placed on the front deck.
- Dogs are welcome on the island, please remember bags.
- Own food and drinks are not allowed on board. See what you can prebook catering onboard.
- Flakfortet is a manmade island build on a "flak" which means reef. Thats where the name origins.
- The island is 23 meters high and 30.000 m2. It contains of 2 levels with an impressive structure with many rooms, halls, ammunition storage etc. 550 military men used to live there.
- The fort wat established in 1910-1914 as a part of the Danish defence and has been used by military up til 1968.
- The "pirates" had it easy when the fort was abandoned and stole everything possible.
- With support of local initiatives, the fort was finally saved. The fort was renovated and 3600 wild roses were planted.
If that initiativ had not been taken the island would not have existed today.
- Go on a tour on the island and hear more about the exiting past of the fort!
- The island has a little kiosk where you can buy ice cream, drinks etc.